More dialer stuff

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Mar 4 18:32:53 EST 2004

Ken,

This works in WinXP (both Home and Pro) - I haven't tested it in other
Windows flavors:

on mouseUp
  put GetCOMPort() into tCOMPort
  if tCOMPort = "" then
    answer "No modem available."
  else
    answer "Modem connected at: " & tCOMPort
  end if
end mouseUp

function GetCOMPort
  put "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Ras\Tapi
Devices\Unimodem\Address" into tRegLoc
  put queryRegistry(tRegLoc) into tComPort
  replace null with "" in tComPort  -- strips nulls
  return tComPort
end GetCOMPort

Can someone test this is other Windows OS'es and let me know if this
works reliably?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com