read/write EXIF info?

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Wed Mar 3 19:22:01 EST 2004

On Wednesday, March 3, 2004, at 11:06  PM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> From: Jason Tangen <tangenjm at mcmaster.ca>
> Subject: read/write EXIF info?
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
> Can anyone provide information on how one might go about reading and
> writing EXIF information to and from an image from within
> MetaCard/Revolution?

Jason,

I have something 1/2 done, and planned for completion over the next 2
or 3 weeks.  I've finished the code that parses the JPEG header and
picks up the raw EXIF data along with all other JPEG tags, and I've
partially ported EXIF parsing code from php (see
http://www.offsky.com/software/exif/index.php).  But it's a bit of a
slog, and I've got some other stuff to finish up right now.

Of course if anyone else has done this already, I'm happy to stop
coding right now :-)

-- Frank