Problem with Image on background property

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Mar 2 00:08:06 EST 2004

On Monday, March 1, 2004, at 09:19 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

>> Note that background behavior is not the same as sharing the group,
>> that is, placing the group among several cards in the same stack.
>
> How is it different?

A group may be shared among several cards.  That is independent of
whether the backgroundBehavior is set.

If the backgroundBehavior is true of a group on a card, then it is
behind the card in the message path for all controls as targets on the
card that are not groups or in groups (whether shared or have
backgroundBehavior set or not).  It is also behind the card for the
card as target.  (This path behavior means that the path for a custom
control I make depends on whether I construct it with a group or not.)

If a new card is created then all groups with backgroundBehavior set to
true on the current card will be placed on the new card.  Shared groups
with this not set will not be automatically placed.

If a group is placed on a card, the backgroundBehavior is set to true,
but it can be set to false.

Dar Scott