Standalone Builder not remembering last build folder

Jay Madren jmadren at triad.rr.com
Wed Jun 23 12:16:31 EDT 2004

Hi all,

Before I bugzilla this, I wanted confirmation that it's not just my system
(Win2000).  I have been working a lot with building executables, and have
noticed a few glitches.  First, RR/SB doesn't remember the last used build
folder for a stack.  In fact, after exiting and restarting RR, the SB always
starts at "My Computer" when asking where to save the build to.  But after
building a standalone the first time, the next time I run SB (without
exiting RR), it starts at the parent folder to the previously selected build
folder.  For example, if I choose to build in "D:\Revolution\Builds", then
run SB again, the browse starts at "D:\Revolution".  So I can't just accept
the default, I have to select the correct folder each time.  The fact that
it starts somewhere else besides "My Computer" tells me that the SB is
sort-of remembering the last build folder, just not correctly.  So this part
is what I am considering a bug.

But in addition to this, I am going to enter an enhancement request for the
SB to save the last build folder as part of the "Standalone Application
Settings", and to use it automatically without asking.  I also would like an
option to turn off the dialog that asks if I want to overwrite the build
folder.  What do you think?

Jay Madren