iGame3D Status 062204 (Long detailed reply)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jun 23 13:23:44 EDT 2004

william griffin wrote:

 > Metacard crashed while doing nothing at all.

With all due respect, that doesn't seem possible.  And many of us push
the heck out of it without crashing.

_Something_ caused the crash.  Have you sent the crash log to RunRev?

 > Its not supported or updated.

On the contrary:  MetaCard is Revolution.

The engine was acquired by RunRev last year (see the press release at
<http://www.runrev.com/company/pressreleases/html/10.shtml>), and the is
the same engine used by both IDEs.

As noted in the press release, the MetaCard IDE has been converted to an
open source project.  There have been two releases of the MC IDE since
then, with a third in testing now.

The "Get MetaCard" page at metacard.com has been updated to point to
RunRev.com for the engine and the new working group at Yahoo for the IDE.

Every final release of the MC IDE addresses all reproducible issues to
date.  If you find issues with the MC IDE please drop me an email, and
issues with the engine are best reported to Bugzilla:
<http://www.runrev.com/revolution/developers/bugdatabase/>

 > Metacard test was done with a borrowed copy of it.
 > I don't own a metacard license which was expensive, rev was purchased
 > based on special pricing.

Yes, MetaCard's omni-platform nature best equates to Rev's Enterprise
version, which is $995.  MC license holders are encouraged to use Rev,
and are given a Rev Enterprise license on renewal.  With Rev's
additional database connectivity, a good many former MC users have
happily migrated to Rev's IDE.

If you own a Rev license and have been unhappy using MC, why not just
use Rev?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation