Euro symbol woes

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jun 20 11:02:28 EDT 2004

My second [problem] was thinking the htmlText would handle the
unicode...it didn't & neither did the unicodeText.

But once I typed the symbol in the field, moving the text to the
second field works fine.
<<

However, the solution is not perfect: I was moving the htmlText of
the field so that any imbedded font/style/size changes in the text in
the original field are carried over to the target field.

* Create a field containing text, including "¤" (euro symbol).

* Copy the field

* Put the rtfText of field 1 into field 2: "¤" = "\'DB"

* Put the htmlText of field 1 into field 2: "¤" = "¤"

* Put the unicodeText of field 1 into field 2: "¤" = " §"

* Put the text of field 1 into field 2: "¤" = "¤"

So how does one move _styled_ text containing "¤ "from one field to
another without changing the content & style?  Is there some way to
define "¤" to Run Rev or the O/S?

Rev. 2.0r2
--

Rob Cozens