Desperately seeking help. iconify. uniconify. close from task bar. answer. ms reportable error?

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Sat Jul 31 04:00:45 EDT 2004

On Jul 31, 2004, at 12:27 AM, Pat Trendler wrote:

> Thanks Trevor,
>
> Yes you understand right.  It is when the user right clicks on the
> task bar
> and chooses close. Otherwise, shutdownrequest etc. work OK if the user
> maximises first. It's only if the user does it from the taskbar.
>
> The same thing happens if I try to trap at the shutdownrequest if the
> stack
> is minimized. As soon as it hit the answer box I get the error.

What is the error exactly?  That the shutdownrequest message is not
received?  If that is the case might want to check the
closeStackRequest message as well.

If the shutdownRequest message is being received then you could try
setting the iconic property of the stack to "true" before asking the
user to save.  That should maximize the stack again.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com