Installers

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Sat Jul 31 01:01:57 EDT 2004

Dan,

I don't actually use rev as my installer.  I wouldn't trust Rev (or my
coding) to touch someone's system... to many things could go wrong
(especially on Windoz!)

To install on OS 7/8/9, I use "StuffIt InstallerMaker" from Aladdin Systems,
Inc.  For OSX, I use Apple's "PackageMaker".  For Windows, I use
InstallShield Express (www.installshield.com).

Not only do I get clean installs, these are "standard" installers.  Just
about everyone who's ever used a computer is familiar with the look and feel
of the install -- makes my products look like the "big boys".

Hope that helps.

-Dan