Releasing Mounted Volumes

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at
Wed Jul 28 16:52:32 CDT 2004

This is an old problem I used to also experience in Supercard... a
decade-old small but persistent nag-problem on the Mac:

Rev 2.2.1
OSX panther

I do 75% of my daily work with files that live on an OSX server on the
LAN. My Rev apps access the server, read files, write files etc. all
kinds of stuff.  If I close and remove all the stacks that were reading
and writing file on the server... when I try to dismount the server I
still always get a message:

"The Disk OurLocalServer is in use and could not be ejected. Try
quitting applications and try again."  [OK]

So, I have to quit Revolution and then dismount the server... This will
NOT be the case for  example with BBEdit... where, if I read and write
a file on the server, then close it in BBEdit, but BBEdit is still
running, i can dismount the volume... Is there some command i can issue
from Revolution that will "let go" the server? Kill some process??

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications
at Kauai's Hindu Monastery
katir at,