RevNet installation

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jul 14 22:35:12 EDT 2004

On 7/14/04 6:14 PM, Alena Raymond wrote:

> Second option was to make it remote controlled from the server (using
> RevNet) Available to special clients using some kind of small standalone
> that does nothing but open stacks stored on the server.
> I was wrong on that one!

Actually, I think this is something you could do. You would need to
store your standalone stack on the server as the orginal stack, not as a
standalone. Then you need to build a standalone like RevNet which you
can distribute to your clients. When your clients click a button on
their standalone, it downloads the stack from your server.

To open a stack over the internet, you only need this command:

  go stack url "http://www.domain.com/mystack.rev"

You can't run a standalone over the internet, but you can run stacks,
which is what RevNet does.

This method does not give you remote control over the operation of the
stack, but the user can run the stack just as if it were located on his
computer. Is that what you need to do?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com