high-res image printing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jul 14 12:39:23 CDT 2004

Mark Talluto wrote:
> On Jul 13, 2004, at 4:23 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> I have a client who needs to be able to place images onto a card and
>> print them.  The catch is that I'd like to be able to print them at
>> higher than screen resolution.  I'm okay with requiring larger images
>> and shrinking them down for placement on the card, but when I print
>> such images they still print at display resolution rather than the
>> image resolution.
>> Any tips on printing high-res images from Rev?
> If printing larger images does not work, then something internal needs
> to be adjusted on Revs end.  Though never tested, I always thought that
> Rev was honoring the dpi of the image that was being printed.  Are you
> printing anything with the image like fields?  What happens if you print
> just the image?

Hmmmmm....not sure how I did it before, but I just tested it again and
indeed it does seem to be printing with the image resolution.

So for now I'm set, but still curious how I'd gotten my earlier result....

  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation
  Rev tools and more:  http://www.fourthworld.com/rev