Documentation & Books

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 19:48:59 EDT 2004

Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Programming is an analytic meditation, in which a
> goal is broken down
> into tasks, and those tasks broken down into lines
> of code.  While I
> believe good programming also involves the
> "right-brain" skill of
> pattern recognition, the analytic nature of the task
> may be a
> contributing factor to why programming is something
> only a subset of
> humanity finds enjoyable.

I perceive programming like problem-solving
within a well defined environment...

I suspect that something that will produce
unlimited confusion to newbies is to believe
that their program is bounded to the interface.
or worse yet: that the program IS the interface.

In traditional programming enviroments you learn
to create good code first and later you start working
in the interface. Here, (RR/MC) this division does not
applies.

For this reason, i mention here again:
RR/MC needs a dedicated place to showcase
the creation of interfaces with this development
tool. The names of Scott Rossi and Chipp Walters
pop-ups in my head when i think in interfaces
in this platform.

In the HC list, the interface of HC stacks was
pointed as one of the principals problems of
stack developers.

Did i miss something? Please point out!

al

=====