Documentation & Books

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at
Wed Jul 7 18:32:17 CDT 2004

Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:02:14 -0700 (PDT)
Judy Perry wrote:

> for example, keep track of
> character stats in a game, including previous
> locations in which something
> interesting was revealed or for the purposes of map
> revelations/display
> and the like) but that's about it.

This sounds like you are creating a multilevel
game for your classes! Is really easy to recreate
a Pokemon like game in RR/MC. At least the gameboy
version... ;-)

is not easy to recreate all the artwork. :-(

> So, what I do is use a bunch of global variables to
> keep track of these
> things (and, one card for every display).  I'm
> perhaps aware that this is
> not the best way to do such things, but it is the
> way I CAN do such
> things.

Instead of globals use custom properties for
the whole stack:

set the custom_property_that_couldbe_global to true

get the visitedplaces of this stack
put comma & "Room 12" after it
set the visitedplaces of this stack to it
-- now contains "Room 12" too...

Visit my site:
Search the mail list:

Do you Yahoo!?