3D project.

Bob Hartley bob at armbase.com
Tue Jul 6 15:03:46 EDT 2004

At 19:10 06/07/2004 +0200, you wrote:
>I have a project which requires serious high-level programming, way beyond
>my abilities.
>
>I need to build a 3D perspective rendering engine to demonstrate a system
>I recently developed.

Now I don't have any experience with runrev, however, I do have a lot of
experience with large 3D datasets.
Each of my images are typically 500Mb RGB's yes that is correct 1 image/CD. :-)

This is from a confocal laser microscope. If you want to make some 3D
rendering engines, i would have a look at MATLAB. Another is Amira
developer www.amira.com most of these cost me 4,000 euros but I get a
discount. I would assume you would need to spend 6000 euros for a package.
Alternatively, you could get an SGI and use open invertor.

for the PC there is IDL, it is OK but a bit old hat. My wife wrote
ultrasound software in that before turning to Matlab and has not looked back.

What are you wanting to render?

Cheers
bob