Can Rev Telnet?

Gardner, Joseph A joe.gardner at nwa.com
Fri Jul 2 03:37:21 EDT 2004

Really appreciate all the responses to my query. What my group does a lot of is configure Lantronix micro print servers for small non-LAN printers. We've been doing this through the Win DOS command console line-by-tedious-line and I'm just getting fed up with it. I thought I'd take a shot at writing a little scripted tool that would run all the lines automagically and would also work on the Mac. Running the config lines should be easy once I got a telnet session started. I would also need to script an "arp -s" command as the first step and the shell structure looks like it may be what I've been searching for. Will try some things out and hope for the best.

Thanks to all for the help!

joe.