RevConference - Client Server vs Stateless

Jerry Daniels mato.kola at wanblizaptan.com
Thu Jan 15 14:07:52 EST 2004

I'll jump in here a sec, too...Chipp can talk about how we get data TO
the server, perhaps?

I like "JML", my own circumstance-driven approach to minimal
self-describing data:

<b64405633704> -- unique identifier (char 1 = year; the integer is the
ticks at time of creation of record)
	<first_name>Jerry</first_name>
	<last_name>Daniels</last_name>
	<user_name>mato.kola</user_name>
	<password>123</password>
	<email>mato.kola at wanblizaptan.com</email>
	<picture>false</picture>
	<home_phone>512-xxx-xxxx</home_phone>
	<mobile_phone>512-698-MATO</mobile_phone>
	<work_phone>512-288-1485</work_phone>
	<ext_phone></ext_phone>
	<address>5 Concord Circle</address>
	<city>Austin</city>
	<state>TX</state>
	<zip>78737</zip>
	<country>USA</country>
	<contacts>EV</contacts>
</b64405633704>

This is data coming back from PHP to Rev.

I extract particular tagged data with this handler:

function getTagData theTagData,theTagName
     filter theTagData with "<" & theTagName & ">*"
     replace "<" & theTagName & ">" with "" in theTagData
     replace "</" & theTagName & ">" with "" in theTagData
     replace "|" with tab in theTagData
     replace "\" with return in theTagData
     replace "/***---***/" with return in theTagData --> Chipp likes
this one
     return theTagData
end getTagData