Restricting graphics to a field?

Doug Lerner doug at webcrossing.com
Thu Jan 15 18:06:16 EST 2004

On 1/16/04 2:16 AM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, January 15, 2004, at 07:22 AM, Doug Lerner wrote:
>
>> Is there a way of restricting the graphics drawing so it can only draw
>> in
>> the region defined by a field?
>
> Maybe you can mimic the tool with a cursor change and then when
> entering or leaving the draw area actually change the tool.
>
> Dar Scott

One technical problem with attempting that is that the mouseLeave and
mouseEnter messages are only sent when the cursor is originally a browser
tool.

So after selecting a graphic tool in the palette I can't use mouseLeave and
mouseEnter to toggle the tool on and off.

Any ideas for getting around this restriction?

Thanks,

doug