Passing CTRL characters

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Dec 26 15:04:24 EST 2004

On Dec 26, 2004, at 6:14 AM, Glen Bojsza wrote:

> It is possible to send or pass ctrl-c to openProcess or cmd window on
> Win XP?

You can close the pipe pair (close the process), or you can kill with
the kill command.

I have a vague memory of the process lingering in open process after a
close for a tiny bit, so you might want to wait before you kill it.

Long, long ago I was able to create a scenario in which a process did
not quit after close.  I'm not sure if kill even worked from
Revolution.

You can try to send numToChar(3) down the pipe to the process, but it
seems to me that didn't work.  Maybe I'm wrong.  It's an easy
experiment to try.  Maybe you have.

Dar