Dreamcard Player - help

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Dec 14 17:48:10 EST 2004

> To RunRev support people and anyone else who knows,
I don't fit into either of these categories, but I am someone who is
trying to help :-)

> I’m still not able to get my MAForums.rev application to “play” on a
> Windows computer that only has the Dreamcard Player installed on it.
> The app works with the Player on a Windows computer with the
> installation of the developer.
>
> The app is the demo from Sarah at troz.com, the app that needs to read
> a web page thru the internet.
>
> If the computer with just the Dreamcard Player needs some other
> component installed on it, then why doesn’t the player come with the
> required components?

The MAForums stack downloads web pages and extracts information from
them. As such it needs access to Rev's internet library. While I have
never used DreamCard, from your description it sounds as if the library
is not part of the DreamCard player installation on your other
computer. Did you run the DreamCard player installer on the second
computer, or did you just copy over the Player application? The
installer is available at <http://downloads.runrev.com/>

I don't use Windows, but I just downloaded the Player installer for Mac
OS X and it comes with a components folder that contains the internet
library. (It is part of the stack revlibrary.rev in the
components/global environment/ folder.) I would expect most stacks to
fail unless this components folder was in the same folder as the
DreamCard player application.

If you have the player and it's components installed correctly, then I
don't know what the problem could be and can only suggest that you
un-install it, download a fresh copy and try installing again.

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au
http://www.troz.net/Rev/