Windows standalone no-nos

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Fri Dec 3 15:05:05 EST 2004

sez alw918 at earthlink.net:
>Hi, quick question.  I remember that when creating a Revolution stack
>that I intend to turn into a Windows standalone that I need to avoid
>certain characters
>like the greater-than equals sign, etc.  But I have forgotten what
>other symbols I'm not allowed to use.  Is there a comprehensive list
>available somewhere of these Windows no-nos?
>Thanks
   Anything with an ASCII value higher than 127. This is because the ASCII
standard only defines characters for numbers 0 thru 127; anything beyond that,
i.e. the so-called "high ASCII" characters, is left to the whim of whichever
implementors. This handler will show you all of those bad boys:

on ShowMeBadBoys
  put "" into Rezult
  repeat with K1 = 128 to 255
    put numToChar (K1) after Rezult
    if (the length of Rezult) mod 32 = 0 then put return after Rezult
  end repeat
  answer Rezult
end ShowMeBadBoys

   If you need a more permanent record of Rezult, you can modify this handler
to print it out or store it in a field or whatever...