Mainstacks and substacks?

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Sun Aug 1 17:14:14 EDT 2004

On Aug 1, 2004, at 5:04 PM, kee nethery wrote:

> Question #1: removing a substack from a mainstack
>
> I have a mainstack StackB and so that I could use XML when I compile
> it, I somehow managed to add revSOAP.rev into it. I am able to compile
> StackB and distribute it as a standalone to folks.
>

> Assuming this is correct, it is also my understanding that substacks
> (StackB) cannot have substacks (revSOAP). So how do I remove revSOAP
> from StackB so that I can import it as a separate substack in StackA
> along with StackB?

You open the stack, select the substack, and use the menu command under
the file menu "Save substack as file.."

> Question #2: docs for apps with data saved in substacks
>
> Where are the docs for understanding how to build a standalone that
> can retain data in substacks? I've looked at the example on the runrev
> site, I've looked through the 1.1.1 manuals, I've searched the online
> docs and I've looked at Dan Shafer's Volume 1. I know this is supposed
> to be simple but I cannot find the answer.

You can only do this by using a "splash screen" or other stack as the
file which gets made into the executable, and it then calls your actual
stack. This way, your actual stack is not the executable, and can be
saved.
--
Troy
RPSystems, Ltd.