Tab to button after field?

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Mon Apr 26 08:12:39 EDT 2004

Jan - - - thanks!  I am indeed running on Mac OS X, so that was the  issue.
In a message dated 4/26/2004 3:37:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
janschenkel at yahoo.com writes:

---  RGould8 at aol.com wrote:
> I've got a series of text input fields that I  have
> the user "tabbing
> between", and I'd like to make  it so that when the
> user gets to the last field,  they
>  can hit tab, and hilite the SUBMIT button.  Is this
>  possible?   I've got the
> "focus with keyboard" checkbox  selected on my submit
> button, and  I've got the
> "show  focus border" turn on as well.  I'm just not
> succeeding  in  getting the
> button to be focusable via the keyboard.
> I've  also got the icon, hilite icon, visited icon,
> and armed icon set  to
> different icons, just as a test.

Hi  R,

If you're running on Windows or Motif lookAndFeel,
that should  work ; however, MacOS doesn't support
focusing on a button control.
So  the workaround there is to trap the 'returnKey'
message in your card script  :
--
on returnKey
set the hilite of btn "Foobar" to  true

Hope this helped,
Jan  Schenkel.

=====
"As we grow older, we grow both wiser and more  foolish at the same time."
(La Rochefoucauld)

Do  you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for  25¢
http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash
use-revolution  mailing  list
use-revolution at lists.runrev.com