odd slow-down for PC save stack

Phil Jimmieson P.Jimmieson at csc.liv.ac.uk
Mon Apr 26 08:38:27 EDT 2004

Hi folks,
I've got a project that saves user preferences and textual details of
the usage of the application into a mainstack and substacks separate
from the main application stack.  The main application stack and the
user data stacks were developed on a Mac (using Rev 2.1.2 and 2.2).
This system works fine on a Mac (and is almost instantaneous), but
when I try it on a PC, the save (which occurs each time there's a
piece of data generated by the application) seems to take an age (so
long, that at first I thought the program had hung). Of course, this
means that the application runs *very* *slowly* on a PC. If i run the
application without saving any data, it runs at a reasonable speed.
Can anyone think of a reason this slow down might be happening, and a
way around it?

--
Phil Jimmieson  phil at csc.liv.ac.uk  (UK) 0151 794 3689  (Mobile) 07976 983164
Computer Science Dept., Liverpool University, Chadwick Building, Peach Street