New engine...

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Apr 15 19:47:40 EDT 2004

> Hi all,
>
> looks like there are some new engines on the RR ftp-server...
>
> The Mac OS X version is called:
> Revolution.app.dir.gz
>
> Can anyone give me a small hint on how to decompress it correctly
> and usable?
>
> I end up with a document called "Revolution.app.dir"...
> (When using Stuffit...)
>
> If i remove all the suffixes and put the engine (? probably not yet) in
> the right place:
> /Contents/MacOS/Revolution
> nothing happens when doubleclicking the app...

Hi

The engines directory on the FTP server is for engine downloads in the
standalone builder. Mark and I designed a new system that uses the custom
revcompress and revdecompress commands to make it simpler to download
application bundles an MacOS engines with resource forks. These commands are
undocumented and in the revBackScript button. If there's interest in us
documenting them they can be moved to the revCommon button for the next
release. The commands use custom properties of stacks to archive directories
and single files and maintain resource forks and file types.

Cheers

Monte