Printing Ghost Text

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Apr 15 17:19:00 EDT 2004

Hi Everyone:

Scenario:

* A stack contains a "report" [generic, not Rev Report Builder]
subStack with two cards with different layouts and different
controls.  The only shared control is the basic background image.

* The mainStack contains logic to clone the report subStack and
populate a data field on one of the cards, copying & paginating that
layout card until all lines of the report data are displayed.  The
cloned stack is then printed and purged or saved.

* The mainStack can optionally include the other [instructions &
explanation] card in the report subStack for printing by marking it.

Mystery:

When the instruction card is printed along with the report card(s),
it prints as expected; however its text is also superimposed over the
text of the data card as well.

If I save the cloned stack and print that, all is well.

If my handler closes the cloned stack, reopens it, and prints it,
I've got ghost text once again.

I've checked & rechecked the properties of the cards involved; but I
see nothing that sheds light on the cause.

I'm seeing this in Mac OS 9, & Yves is seeing it in Mac OSX.

I checked Bugzilla for printing problems: this doesn't seem to be listed.

Clues, anyone?

RR 2.1.2
--

Rob Cozens