Multimedia Project on a school server question

Mark Talluto revlists at canelasoftware.com
Mon Apr 12 23:56:35 EDT 2004

On Apr 12, 2004, at 12:58 PM, Mark MacKenzie wrote:

> I have not designed or produced for this before.  Can a standard Rev
> project be simply put on their server and used by from 30 to 35 kids
> at the same time?
A standalone can be run off a server by almost any number of client
computers.  The key factor would be memory in the server.

> If not, what needs to be done to make this possible?
Just make a standalone for the server.  You need have your clients
access the server as they would normally to get files.  Have them
double-click on the app.  I think an alias would work as well on the
clients as well.

> If yes, can the number of concurrent sessions be limited to say 35?
Not sure about this.  You might try looking using shell to see how many
instances of the app running there are.

> Has anyone done this before and care to share their experiences?
I have written standalones that are being used in server environments
as you describe.  They are not controlling how many users though.

Hope this helps some.

--
Best regards,
Mark Talluto