Telnet with RR

Dreamscape Software Webmaster webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Mon Apr 12 04:27:02 EDT 2004

> Yes, it would be simpler, but Derek's way deletes the spam before it
> can be downloaded, so saving bandwidth. If you have got my POP library
> working, then the next step is to work out how your Rev program can
> tell what is spam and what isn't. I have a similar sort of thing
> running here but I key off the spam header that my ISP puts into all
> emails. Check the source of your incoming emails to see of there is
> anything like "X-Spam" or "X-Virus" which you can read from the
> headers.
>
> If that is no good, you have two options: inclusive or exclusive
> filtering. Do you only allow known contacts to email you or do you
> maintain a list of key words or senders that identify spam for you?
> It's a tricky question and if you are deleting the emails before
> downloading, you will never know if you delete a genuine email.
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

Yes, I got it to work (and it works great).  For my own purposes, worrying
about genuine email is not a problem.  On the other hand, if it works well I
would like to release it to the public.  But taking that into effect, it
would probably just be more of a headache in the end.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software