Password Field

Yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Mon Apr 12 12:38:35 EDT 2004

Le 12-avr.-04, à 17:30, Dan Friedman a écrit :

> Good morning!
>
> Does anyone have a routine for typing in a field and displaying
> bullets -
> but preserving the text?  As if it was a password field.  I am making
> a user
> login window with "Username" and "Password" fields.  Don't you think
> the
> "password" field should display bullets (or asterisks)? I could write
> it
> myself... But I figured someone out there has done this already. :)
>
> Thanks!
> Dan

I have in my main stack a field named "Pass"  with this script in the
fld

local thisPassword
on returninfield
   get thisPassword
   if it is <whatever>" then
     go to stack <whatever>
   else
     answer "Invalid password !"
   end if
   close this stack
end returninfield

on enterinfield
   returninfield
end enterinfield

on keydown whichKey
    put whichKey after thisPassword
   put "*" after field "pass" --asterisk or whatever another char you
want
end keyDown

on backspaceKey
   put empty into field "pass"