new site layout [was] Re: Revolution 2.2

A.C.T. albrecht at act-net.com
Sat Apr 3 11:31:52 EST 2004

Hi,

>> Anyone can build a web crawler that extracts class="newsflash" items
>> from it. Moving closer and closer to the Semantic-Web...

> I knew I should check site sources more oftem, we could make a plugin
> for the IDE that checks the site at some interval, it could pop a dialog
> as the news arrive? pretty easy and cool, would serve nice as a XML
> parsing example e plugin example.

The "standard" for newsfeeds is "RSS". It is a lot easier to parse a RSS
feed than to load in a complete HTML page, looking for "DIV entries".
Perhaps someone could put up a "Runrev-News-DIV-to-RSS-transceiver" to
let the web community access the feed using everyday techniques ;-)

Marc Albrecht
A.C.T. / level-2
Glinder Str. 2
27432 Ebersdorf