Saving encrypted customProperties outside the app?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Sep 29 10:28:01 EDT 2003

Mark Brownell wrote:

> On Saturday, September 27, 2003, at 10:59  AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>
>> What terms is it available under?  Is the final version not being
>> posted to the Revolution_IPC group at Yahoo?
>
> It's available there under basic CUA principles. I don't want to
> explain it here. I'm concerned that someone will need a lot of hand
> holding to implement it properly. There are export restriction laws in
> place by different countries that need to be followed when implementing
> it. This becomes the responsibility and liability of the developer
> using it in their apps.

Wouldn't the disclaimer included with the original Blowfish algorithm
suffice?

> There are better and best user procedures when
> disguising the encryption key while implementing it in transcript. I
> made it available to the Revolution_IPC group because that small group
> didn't need much to understand it and they needed some encryption
> solution for all the work they are doing there. I did briefly explain
> its three major parts there. If anyone wants to use it and wants me as
> a consultant regarding it then I'm available to help anyone that needs
> my help with it. I will need to collect a consulting fee if that is the
> case. So money might act like an energy booster.

For speed it would seem optimal to have it implemented in an external, or in
the engine itself.   The usability issues could be addressed along with
that.  Have you talked with Tuv about the possibility?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation