Saving encrypted customProperties outside the app?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 26 14:54:01 EDT 2003

Alex Rice wrote:

> On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 10:51  AM, Alex Rice wrote:
>> I read somewhere that the Rev password mechanism uses an encryption
>> scheme that only works with text. I wonder why? Anyways I guess that's
>> why it skips custom properties but encrypts scripts. Does it encrypt
>> custom properties that are textual? I guess it would *have to* to
>> otherwise fld text properties and control script properties would not
>> get encrypted at all.
>
> Hmm... maybe it's time to reexamine assumptions here. Or maybe I'm
> confused. I did some testing and it appears to me both textual and
> binary custom properties are encrypted- so there is no need to
> base64encode stuff and put it into another custom property.

Not for disk storage, but to the difference between storing data in scripts
and in custom props in a password-protected stack is that all you need to
read data in custom props is a copy of Rev; the password is required to edit
scripts but not for editing props.

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation