creating a Unicode (UTF-8) file using open/write/close file

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Sep 26 23:21:00 EDT 2003

Dar,

That did it!  The following code create a file that was read as a UTF8
file by BBEdit:

on mouseUp
   set useUnicode to true
   put "/Users/trevordevore/Desktop/config.xml" into tPath
   open file tPath for binary write
   write uniDecode (bom() & the unicodeText of field 1, "UTF8") to file
tPath
   close file tPath
end mouseUp

function bom
   set the useUnicode to true
   return numToChar(abs(baseConvert("FEFF",16,10)))
end bom

Thanks!

--
Trevor DeVore