Some questions on caledar algebra. (or I've got a shareware engineeeeeeee)

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Wed Sep 24 10:55:00 EDT 2003

Boa tarde Andre,

> As my knowledge of Revolution grows I decided two things:
>
> * All my lib stacks will be public domain with source so other (more
> serious) developers may benefit and improve my work.
> * Some of my apps will be shareware so I can buy Rev documentation (I
> long for that).
>
> Talking about my second topic, I decided to grow a little shareware
> engine. I made a stack called "Register & Preferences", this is a
> generic lib for handling preference data and app registration. I plan
> to make it as plug & play as possible. Currently it's very handy. You
> just attach it to you standalone and send command "SoapShareware
> <daystorun>" it will handle everything, check if it's the first run,
> register a preference file with the day it was instaled in a machine
> and also the days to run info. If the preference file already exists,
> it will read it and return it's contents by a callback handler.

Wow, sounds really cool :-)

> Now comes the trick part, how to calculate if the shareware has
> expired. Is there a function to add days to a date and receive new
> date? Will I have to convert it to seconds and calculate? What you
> folks out there think it's wise to do...

You can convert a date to dateitems, add the number of days to item 3
of it and convert back to date :-)

dateitems: Very cool feature :-)

on mouseup
   convert the date to dateitems ### today = 9/24/03
   add 8 to item 3 of it ## just add 8 days
   convert it to date
   put it
end mouseup

---> 10/2/03

Maravilhoso!!! :-D

> PS: This stack & XML-RPC Stack will soon be available at my homepage
> (just let me parse that damm xml)
>
> Cheers
> Andre Alves Garzia  2003  BRAZIL
> http://www.soapdog.org