proper way to Geo

mark cowhead at mac.com
Wed Sep 24 11:24:00 EDT 2003

Well, after much slogging, I finally got this to work (knock on wooden
head) but Im
wondering if this is the "proper" way.  I used the geometry pane to
nail an object on each card.  But when the stack is resized, only the
current cards geometry is updated so on going to the next card,
everything is wacked.  So I finally got it working with the following
in the stack script:

on preopenCard
   lock screen
   revUpdateGeometry
unlock screen
end preopenCard

I tried just sending the resizeStack message on opencard, but it kept
generating an error.  On the other hand, my Rev has been funky lately,
so I think she's ready for a reinstall.  But is this the proper way to
handle this?  And why isn't this obvious issue covered in the tutorial?

tia,
mark