Workaround to lack of modality when quitting in OSX

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Tue Sep 9 23:03:02 EDT 2003

In earlier posts, I described a bug (filed at bugzilla) that would
permit an OSX app to be quit (using the Quit item from the OSX app
menu) while in the middle of a modal dialog. I narrowed down the bug to
the OSX Rev engine. If you compile in Windows (-for- OSX), the bug
isn't present. Glad I kept my SBE subscription!

BTW - The shutDownRequest (and the apple event associated with it) is
not sent when quitting the app in OSX using the Quit menu item. This is
present no matter whether compiling in OSX or Windows. That bug report
has also been filed. In the meantime, remember that any data you wish
to have saved had better -be- saved before your user selects Quit!

Barry