cgi-engine does not run

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Sep 9 23:57:00 EDT 2003

I am having trouble getting the CGI-engine to run on mac OS X. I am
always getting an Internal server error.
I chmoded the engine to 755, and are now trying to run my cgi. I also
tried to put different versions of the license.rev stack into the cgi
directory, it reads here that i should do so:
"http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~tfurukaw/RunRev/developer.html" I am
using LF as line delimiter becuase this wepage says I should do so on
OS X: "http://www.eclecticity.com/danshafer/chapter21.rtf"
The read me says I should run the engine from the terminal, but it
doesn't say how. The read me also says I should download something from
"http://www.opendarwin.org/projects/dlcompat/" but that server does not
exist.

the cgi reads:
#!revolution
on startup
   put "Content-type: text/html" & crlf
   put "everything is ok" & crlf
end startup

it gets generated with this:
on mouseUp
   repeat for each line theLine in field 1
     put theLine & return after output
   end repeat
   put output into url
"binfile:/Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/test.cgi"
   put shell("chmod 755 /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/test.cgi")
end mouseUp