Rev IDE crashing

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Tue Sep 9 09:57:00 EDT 2003

Sarah,

It's not really so much that I can't open it without locking messages, it's
just that's what I do when I want to make changes to that stack.  That stack
depends upon the first one.  "RNLogin" is just that, a stack for the user to
log in.  Certain initialization takes place there: connecting to a database,
initialization of some global variables, etc.  Without that, the "RNStories"
stack will not run correctly.

So maybe I should amend my previous answer.  I can open "RNStories" by
itself even without messages locked.  I just get error messages because
handlers aren't found or variables aren't set to the appropriate values,
etc.  What doesn't work is going from "RNLogin" to "RNStories".  Rev crashes
every time on the line 'go stack "RNStories"'.

I'm definitely going to Bugzilla this.  I've been told that Rev should never
crash in that way.  That it should always close gracefully.

Chris Sheffield
Software Development
Read Naturally
csheffield at readnaturally.com