QuickTime, text fields, closed captioning

Ken Norris pixelbird at interisland.net
Wed Oct 1 17:28:00 EDT 2003

Hi Toma,

> Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:04:37 +0200
> Subject: QuickTime, text fields, closed captioning
> From: Toma Tasovac <ttasovac at princeton.edu>

> Is it possible to have a transparent text field on top of a quicktime
> movie, the way we can put a text field layer over an image?
Why on top of? Is it critical to the way it looks? Does it have to _look_
like movie subtitles? Screen space issue?

I'd just stick a field under the thing, coordinated with the movie. Easy to
edit, stays out of the way of the visual part of the movie, things you can't
easily do with a real film...the advantage of this venue for presentation.

HTH,
Ken N.