I need Distribution Builder advice

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Wed Oct 1 17:36:00 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 1, 2003, at 04:01  PM, Graham Samuel wrote:
>  So I want to see the whole standalone creation process smoother, more
> automated and more truly part of the RunRev experience.
>
> Meanwhile I am still eagerly collecting information.
>
> Rant over, I guess.

File an enhancement request in bugzilla! You got my vote.

But also I wanted to emphasize that the OS X app bundle scheme (and
APIs not available from Rev) offers more flexibility and features than
Revolution could possibly offer, at least in it's current incarnation.

App bundles are used not only to store the executable file in, but to
package resources, libraries, sounds, media, help files, and so forth.
And maintain localized variations for all of the above.

So: the OS X app bundle scheme is like your application delivery
vehicle. So it's not just a hassle, it's also empowering. It could be
worse- you could be forced to use ResEdit like in MacOS<10 days.

Also- I do recommend installing the Free Mac OS X Developer CD even if
you aren't a C programmer because it installs a number of useful
utilities like IconComposer, PackageMaker, PropertyListEditor and about
20 others.

HTH more :-)

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software | http://mindlube.com