graphing externals

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 24 23:23:53 EST 2003

cteno4 wrote:

> does anyone have ideas for where to get a set of graphing externals for
> use with metacard/rev on both the mac and PC? I need to draw line, bar,
> and pie charts on the fly from data given to the external.

Welcome to Revolution: you can now leave most externals behind.  :)

With the Rev engine being orders of magnitude faster than most other xTalks
(and a good many lower-level languages) and with a richer object model, you
usually don't need externals for most things they're used for elsewhere.  In
the dozens of HC and SC projects I've ported I've replaced every external
with native Transcript calls.

Here's a handler for making pie charts to get you started -- you can craft
others for line and bar charts:

<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2002-November/009399.html>

--
 Richard Gaskin