Database - functionality for front end application

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 21 06:58:30 EST 2003

--- Melvin Cox <melcox at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Jan:
>
> I have successfully implemented each of your
> suggestions.
>
> The only change I have made is in the script of the
> field "Affilitation"
> (all caps, length limited to 10 characters).
>
> The closeField handler will not work when the script
> includes the keyDown
> and Capitalize handlers.  The Capitalize handler
> changes the field's
> contents using a put statement.
>
> I have therefore substituted an exitField handler
> and used an if statement
> and a local variable to compare the field's current
> value to the value of
> the field at the time an openField handler was
> triggered.
>
> [snip]
>
> Many thanks for pointing the way forward!
>

> Cheers,
>

> Melvin Cox

Good thinking, Melvin ; I was working from memory and
didn't put two and two together, so I didn't realise
that the closeField was never sent.
Glad I could help ; there are a few more tricks
regarding the database linked controls ; so don't
hesitate to post if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Jan Schenkel.

=====