Active X support

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat May 31 23:04:02 EDT 2003

Edwin,

Back in my Mac days with SuperCard, if an XCMD wasn't available, I'd commission one. Pretty easy to write and one could usually pass the cost on to the customer. If there's a specific ActiveX control you'd like to see, why don't you just ask someone to write it?

Tuviah and Chris (my partner) have both looked into the 'ActiveX wrapper for MC' issue, and I believe both have come to the same conclusion... while it is *possible*, it's a lot of work and similar functions can be done with much less coding on a case by case basis. Also, both Scott Raney and the RR folks believe if the function is necessary enough, it should find it's way into the engine.

best,

Chipp