Updating status while running in background

Stéphane Savard ssavard at mac.com
Sat May 31 21:55:04 EDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying Revolution at this time and I have the following problem, I
can not have a visial status updated while my application is not
running in foreground.

Here is the conditions:

- I am accessing a SOAP web service
- I am using Mac OS X
- I am experimenting with a standalone built from my stack
- I have programmed a loop with a time delay OR an idle task, bith give
the same result
- My status element (field and buttons) are updated correctly with the
changing values from the web service, when my application and stack are
running in foreground
- My status element (field and buttons) are NOT updated when my window
or application is visible but not in foreground.

Is there a limitation that an Window must be selected and in foreground
to be updated?

Does a loop stop working when the stack is not in foreground?

Thanks,

Stephane Savard