Table object manipulation

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Thu May 29 17:13:00 EDT 2003

Alex,

So, if I understand you correctly, I have to manually implement
complete control by checking not only for rawKeyDown events but,
probably, also for mouseClicks beyond the last field? Forgive me for
complaining (not to you) but wouldn't it have been more straightforward
simply to have properties that could be set programmatically (or in the
properties dialog)? Seems like this object is really not ready for use.

Barry

On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 14:02 America/Denver, Alex Rice wrote:

> On Thursday, May 29, 2003, at 10:24  AM, Barry Levine wrote:
>
>> How does one specify the number of rows and columns in a table (field)
>> object? It seems as if a user may add columns by tabbing out of the
>> "last one" displayed.
>>
>> What I'm trying to do is have a fixed number of rows and columns that
>> cannot be changed by the user. Scroll bars may be necessary (and I see
>> I can have these simply by clicking the appropriate choice).
>
> I believe you have to implement the limits yourself by handling the
> rawKeyDown message.
>
> Alex Rice, Software Developer
Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"

Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements,
Custom Programming for Mac/Windows/Linux/Solaris

On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer

Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at macosx.com