video tribulations & congratulations

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Sat May 10 01:19:02 EDT 2003

re 2.0 latest.  Tried it. Loved it.  Speech worked on Win 2000, although only
a gruff male.  Victoria is mentioned in the docs, where is she?

However, just my luck  to be asking a boring question when everyone is
playing with the new toy.

I am *still* struggling to get my video tutorial stack to work (which is
designed to train users in the use of Affinity 2.0, my new assessment tool).
Incidentally, this was a rewrite of VB software, and is much improved by
being in RR)

I captured QT movies of the various screens, with me droning on about this
and that.  Then my dear partner discovered the major crash that ocurrs if the
movie is fast forwarded to the end reported in use-revolution digest, Vol 1
#1340- I don't think anyone had any ideas about that did they?

In the absence of any solution to the problem, I decided to convert the QT
movies to AVI and bypass QT on both platforms using playvideoclip rather than
a player object.  To my horror, the AVIs were enormous.  For example, a
perfectly viewable QT movie of 11.5 megs, balloons to 715.9 after exporting
from QT.  Is this right?????

SO folks, please take a break from  2.0 and either tell me haw to stop my
player crashing, or tell me AVIs are not really that inefficient....

Best wishes,

David Glasgow
Home/ forensic assessments --> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/">
DVGlasgow </A>