Math question: How to compute the area of polygons

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Fri Mar 21 13:14:00 EST 2003

>Message: 6
>Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 13:32:29 +0100
>Subject: Re: Math question: How to compute the area of polygons
>From: malte.brill at t-online.de (Malte Brill)
>To: <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
>Thanks a lot again. :-)
>
>Jim,
>your solutions is more than close to what I am lokking for. (I just would
>need variable numbers of sides and bob is my uncle. I´m really happy, so I
>don´t know if I can get this silly grin from my face today. ;-) )
>I had to put a comment mark on the two scripst, where you call a handler
>called ct (does it require TG to be present?)
>The point is, that in the game logic I am thinking of there will never be
>more than 2 objects colliding. So if I check with the intersect function
>first this will defenitly be fast enough to run smoothly.

Sorry about the "ct" line. I forgot that I had a plugin running in
the background. "ct" stands for my "clearText" command.

I'm happy and surprised this works for you. I have modified it so
that it works for polygons of arbitrary number of sides and re-posted
it at

http://home.infostations.net/jhurley/

under the title: Colliding polygonsRevised.rev

Let me know if  this  works  for you.

You can speed up or slow the motion of the polygon by changing the
values of vx and vy.

Jim