Math question: How to compute the area of polygons

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Fri Mar 21 13:11:01 EST 2003

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 10:46 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:

> For anyone interested, this BASIC program is equivalent to the
> Transcript program I posted last Tuesday:

Whoops.  I missed that.  (My kids call it goldfish-syndrome; my memory
is no longer than the time it takes for me to walk around the house.)
The comments I just mailed apply to your function as well and even
better so.

>    put  line 1 of tList into pOld

Should this be -1 to get the last edge?

> And it is also equivalent to the solution posted by Ray Griffith on
> the last installment of  this list, although his is more efficient and
> nifty as hell.

I guess the algebra corner of my brain is not awake yet; I missed that
it was equivalent.  (My kids have a name for this, too, but I forgot
what it is.)

Dar