Active X support

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Sun Jun 1 16:39:02 EDT 2003

On Sunday, June 1, 2003, at 03:13 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Just in case you forgot, MC/RR does support the standard Windows code
> library -- the DLL.

Did I miss something?

MC/RR supports the creation and use of an external which is implemented
as a DLL in Windows.  I assume such a DLL can call functions in other
pre-built DLLs.

Now being able to call functions in arbitrary DLLs would be cool, but I
haven't heard this announced.  I enjoyed this when I used LabView.  I
just filled out a little form and in my code was a call to a DLL.  In
both environments there will probably be limitations.

Now only if we could get the calling parameter types and other info.
And get them to make callbacks.  And Handle complex data.  And call
across networks.  And...  Oh, yeah, if only COM, DCOM, Automation,
Active X.

Dar Scott