mpossible to save

Emmanuel Companys mcompanys at mac.com
Sun Jun 1 15:59:15 EDT 2003

Le dimanche, 1 juin 2003, à 19:10 Europe/Paris, Ken Norris a écrit :

> ----------
> If you didn't create a backup file then there isn't one. RR assumes
> you have
> the *standard practice* of making frequent backups, which you should be
> doing as a matter of course throughout the development process. If your
> stack gets corrupted during development, you can revert to the last
> backup
> and lose only what you've done since then, rather than losing the whole
> banana.

As I said in my previous post, the stack was developed in RR 1.1.1 in
which it was regularly saved, without the program asking me for any BU
file. Besides you've got to save it before quitting.
  It's only when I moved  to 2.0 that I couldn't save it. The previous
successive backup files where all under 1.1.1. Moving any of them to
2.0 resulted in the same problem.

As  this impossibility of saving happened only with the stack using
combo box buttons — which seems to have a problem in 2.0 (see my post
"Weird button behavior in 2.0" , i went back to 1.1.1, changed the
combo box for option buttons, saved it in 1.1.1 quitted, opened RR 2.0,
opened my stack, and finalyy successed to save it!

But still I don't understand the alert (reproduced below) nor the
strange behavior of buttons (not only combo box) in 2.0

Manuel

----------------
The  2.0 alert:
Cant' save the stack Litteris due to an error:
can't open stack backup file
Check the file path, and that the file name is not too long.

additional information:
after I close the alert "can't save ...", a file RR icon shows up with
the title of the stack followed by the characters
ß.rev~
Then if I click on this icon I get
a) if  the RR program is not open :   "L'application Revolution a
quitté inopinément" ("The application Revolution has unexpectedly
quitted")
b) if Revolution is open: "Unable to open stack: stack is corrupted,
check for ~ backup file."

What is this ' ~ backup file', and where is it?