Consistent crash during card/stack printing

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Jul 23 19:58:01 EDT 2003

I posted a note about a four card stack with a player object on each
page that, in WindowsXP, would print the pages but with only the
borders of the player objects (none of the content - either first frame
of the movie or a jpeg, whichever I had assigned to the player object).

I moved the stack over to OSX and now the stack crashes consistently
when I issue the "print card" command. I can preceed it with the "open
printing" command but it makes no difference.

I tried removing the player object and, instead, used an image object
from which I referenced a jpeg on the hard drive. This time it printed
fine.

I then removed the image object and replaced it with a fresh player
object, linked the object to a movie on disk (for which the object
showed the first frame). I printed again and crashed Rev.

Seems we have a very nasty problem here. Any ideas or suggestions? I
will not know whether the user will link to an image or a movie so the
QT player object was going to be the solution. Perhaps not...

Barry